Skip to main content

Tale of God of Kidchen

Once upon a time, a couple was so poor that they didn’t have any acres of farm-land. Therefore they had to work for others. Although their lives were very difficult, they were still pleased. After working, they used to sit by fireplace and talk tales or sing to each other.
One year, fields had produced rice less than years before. Everyone was not enough rice to eat so they couldn’t hire them. Therefore, they had to go fishing, dig and pick up vegetables to eat. But it didn’t help them much, they still felt hungry. One day, the man said: “Honey, I have to leave. If I still stay at home, we will die”.
After hearing, the woman insisted to go with him but the man said her:
“I still don’t know where I should go and what I would do. You should stay home, it will easier than going with me. Maybe, I could die by a road or maybe, I will bring money come home. If I don’t come back after three years, I should be remarried. Don’t wait for me more”
The woman burst in sobs and left her husband to leave. After the man left, the woman got a job. Although her masters were not rich, they felt sorry for her state and always helped her get enough food. Day bay day, there years passed, she also had waited her husband come back for three years but he didn’t come back. That time, the master’s wife had died. The master wanted to get married with her but she said: “after three years, my husband didn’t come back that make me think he was died. Therefore, I will have had to live alone for three year”
Other three years passed with no news about her husband. Everyday, she sat front entrance looking up the road and hoped to see her husband but, of course, he had never come back. Her master insisted her.
“Your husband was died or he had been married with another. So that is very difficult to see him back. You should be married with me. I and you will live happily” said the master
“Thank for your estimation but I want to be waiting for another year then I will decide” she said
a year had passed, no news hadn't come and course the woman believed completely that her husband had died so she was married with her master.
Three month later, her old husband came back but he was still poor and really wanted to meet his wife. When he knew his wife was married, he was really sad.
For the others, they were very surprised when they saw him come back especially his wife and her new husband. The woman was embarrassed and didn’t dare show her up but her old husband came and said”
“Oh my dear wife, that is my false. I had gone for long and what you did was really true; now, I only want to see her then I will go away forever.”
Although, his wife insisted and her new husband had tried to return his wife but he did disagree. He didn’t want to ruin their happy. But he also didn’t forget his wife. Becoming confused, he held his head by a rope under a tree at front of village.
The woman was heartbroken because of his dead. Her head was confused. She thought “why I didn’t wait him for a little time; why I didn’t show up when he came back. I am person who had killed him.”  The next morning, while anyone was planing to hold a funeral for the poor man, they saw the woman was dead in the lake by the tree. The new husband, after holding funeral for his wife, became insane. Then one day, after sharing his assets he drank poison to die.
When they had died, they came to another world where ghosts live. Whoever was new they was judged by the Death. The Death said: “Why did you kill yourselves? Do you know that is a big crime?”
The old husband said: “My God, because I couldn’t live with my wife and I also couldn’t leave so I thought if I had died my spirit could have lived with her.”
The new husband said: “Although I and she had married for three months but I had loved her very much, I couldn’t live without her so I decided to die for meeting her.”
The the woman’s turn, she said:”I have still loved my old husband very much and I also must admit that I am very grateful my new husband’s love. I was really confused and didn’t know to do anything so I decided to die.”
After hearing, the Death had felt moving. He want all three people was lived together forever. Thinking for seconds, he transformed three into three God who took care of fireplace.
Something about vietnamese culture: god of kitchen or god of the soil, they are a woman and 2 men. each family in Viet Nam always has a God in their kitchen who observe them for a year until Dec, 23rd (lunar calendar) they will fly to heaven and report all good and bad things we had done in that year to the King of heaven and they also talk about what people wish for the King consider. They come back on Dec, 27th for Tet holiday coming. Vietnamese people think that the flame in their kitchen is family-love symbol and the duty of the God of kitchen is keep it light.
The end.🎭🎭🎭

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sisyphus

SISYPHUS, son of Aeolus, married Atlas ’s daughter Merope, the Pleiad, who bore him Glaucus , Ornytion , and Sinon, and owned a fine herd of cattle on the Isthmus of Corinth. b. Near him lived Autolycus , son of Chione , whose twin-brother Philammon was begotten by Apollo , though Autolycus himself claimed Hermes as his father. c. Now, Autolycus was a past master in theft, Hermes having given him the power of metamorphosing whatever beasts he stole, from horned to unhorned, or from black to white, and contrariwise. Thus although Sisyphus noticed that his own herds grew steadily smaller while those of Autolycus increased, he was unable at first to accuse him of theft; and therefore, one day, engraved the inside of all his cattle’s hooves with the monogram SS or, some say, with the words ‘Stolen by Autolycus’. That night Autolycus helped himself as usually and at dawn hoof-prints along the road provided Sisyphus with sufficient evidence to summon neighbours in witness of the th

Scylla And Nisus

MINOS was the first king to control the Mediterranean Sea, which he cleared of pirates, and in Crete ruled over ninety cities. When the Athenians had murdered his son Androgeus, he decided to take vengeance on them, and sailed around the Aegean collecting ships and armed levies. Some islanders agreed to help him, some refused. Siphnos yielded to him by the Princess Arne, whom he bribed with gold; the gods changed her into a jackdaw which loves gold and all things that glitter. He made an alliance with the people of Anaphe, but rebuffed by King Aeacus of Aegina and departed, swearing revenge. Aeacus then answered an appeal from Cephalus to join the Athenians against Minos . b. Meanwhile, Minos was partying the Isthmus of Corinth. He laid siege to Nisa, ruled by Nisus the Egyptian, who had a daughter name Scylla. A tower stood in the city, built by Apollo [and Poseidon ?], an at its foot lay a musical stone which, if pebbles were dropped upon from above, rang like a lyre-because Ap

THE DETHRONEMENT OF CRONUS

CRONUS married his sister Rhea , to whom the oak is sacred. But it was prophesied  by Mother Earth , and by his dying father Uranus, that one of his own sons would dethrone him. Every year, therefore, he swallowed the children whom Rhea bore him: first Hestia , then Demeter and Hera , then Hades , then Poseidon . b. Rhea was enraged. She bore Zeus , her third son, at dead of night on Mount Lycaeum in Arcadia, where no creature casts a shadow and, having bathed him in the River Neda, gave him to Mother Earth; by whom he was carried to Lyctos in Crete, and hidden in the cave of Dicte on the Aegean Hill. Mother Earth left him there to be nursed by the Ash- nymph Adrasteia and her sister Io, both daughters of Melisseus, and by the Goat-nymph Amaltheia. His food was honey, and he drank Amaltheia's milk, with Goat-Pan , his foster- brother. Zeus was grateful to these three nymphs for their kindness and, when he became  Lord of the Universe, set Amaltheia's image among